Art & Creative Engagement
Skyrocket offers exciting hands-on visual arts classes, experiences & workshops designed to engage students, and develop their creative, social-emotional, and post-secondary skills and well-being.
Current Offerings Include:
Customized workshops & experiences available upon request
The Benefits of the Arts
Students benefit from the arts in a lot of ways. Research has shown a significant positive impact on students including improving retention, academic enrichment, social-emotional health, and post-secondary success.
Retention & Engagement
- Students engaged in the arts are 5x less likely to drop out of school than their peers not engaged in the arts.
- The arts engage students with diverse intelligences & learning styles, and can re-engage students who have become disconnected, uninvolved, and unmotivated.
Academic Enrichment & Equity
- Students engaged in the arts have higher GPAs & test scores on average than their peers not engaged in the arts.
- 91% of Americans believe that K-12 students should have access to a high-quality arts education.
- However, according to a recent study, only 59% of White students, 28% of African American students, & 26% of Hispanic students have received an arts education in school.
- The arts provide students with a means to explore and express their feelings, thoughts, identity, and purpose, as well as develop understanding, appreciation and empathy for other individuals, cultures and ways of life.
- Students engaged in the arts are 2x more likely to attend & graduate from college, to volunteer and to vote
- The arts foster creativity and innovation, the two most important traits for employees to possess, according to 1500 organizational leaders in 80 countries
Browse our Catalog
Get in touch!
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly!